This award should be given to the entry that best captures the
traditions of Mexico. The entry should display numerous colors and/or
reflect a certain
style. For example, the use of costumes or music that is representative
of a certain region of Mexico.
1. A theme, style or tradition of Mexico.
2. Numerous Colors.
3. Costumes or music.
2. Best Youth Entry:
This award should be given to an entry that consists primarily
of youths. It should be judges to the basis of effort in
style, decoration, or choreography
put in to the youths. For this award, youths should be considered to
be individuals below the age of 17. Extra points should be given to
entry using costumes
1. Predominantly youths in group.
2. Best effort in style, decoration, or choreography.
3. Incorporation of costume or music.
3. Most Spirited:
This award should be give n to the entry that best captures
a festive mood through its use of colors, music, dance, etc. Extra consideration
be given to
entries with costumes, displays, or color coordination. Points
should also be given if the members of the entry will be
sort of performance
in the parade.
1. Captures a festive mood.
2. Incorporation of colors, music, dance.
3. Extra points given for costumes, displays or color coordination.
Most Culturally Diverse:
This award should be given to the entry that best captures
a theme of diversity. An entry should be judged on its
ability to incorporate
themes through the use of music, costumes, or decorations.
entry should promote
an awareness and strength of diversity.
1. Capture theme of diversity.
2. Incorporates music, costumes, or decorations.
3. Promotes strengths of diversity.
The entries will be scored by a panel of judges made up
of Civic Leaders familiar with the Mexican culture.
be announced prior
to the parade and recognition will be presented to
the winners immediately following parade.